The Landsborough Pub has been a central part of Landsborough going back to the
days when it was known as the Mellum Club.
The hotel was originally built at the corner of the Gympie and Maleny roads in the year 1888 and stood there for many years.
Then first licensee’s name was Stephens. Then followed John McCallum, and after him, Henry Dyer who came to Mellum Creek
in 1888 to manage a butchering business for John McCallum.
Traffic to and from the Gympie goldfields passed its doors; it served hospitality to the passengers of the Cobb & Co, to the
teamsters and the early selectors.
It offered shelter for the pioneer women and children bound for the wilds of the Blackall Range.
It saw the last Cobb & Co coach pass under the Gympie Road. People under its roof opened mail addressed to “Mellum Creek”
until March 24, 1890 when the sound of steam locomotives steamed through the bush a mile to the east and the official address
Landsborough is a small town on the Sunshine Coast hinterland of Queensland, Australia. It is situated north of the Glasshouse
Mountains just off Steve Irwin Way, 82km north of Brisbane. At the 2011 census, Landsborough had a population of 3,706.
Landsborough is situated on the main railway line from Brisbane and there are several services daily southbound to Brisbane
and northbound to Nambour and Gympie. It is one of the main rail/bus interchanges for TransLink bus services to the Sunshine Coast.